четверг, 6 ноября 2014 г.

Carrot Cake

First time I tried carrot cake in London. I was so overwhelmed by this taste that I bought it every day. Since that time I didn't see it in my country and the only way to remember this rich and sweet taste was to make it myself :)
I'm sure those who are into baking know how many recipes of carrot cake exist. It's really hard to choose because usually the difference is obvious. Trying recipes one by one i wasn't really satisfied. Some were too oily, some too sweet, and I almost felt like I'll never try carrot cake anymore. Fortunately I decided to give it another chance.

This cake turned out ideal for me. If you still didn't try carrot cake( I doubt you didn't, but just in case) - don't get scared, it doesn't taste like carrot:)
Many people will love this cake because it is super easy. Even the cream.

DIRECTIONS:

1. Grate 4 medium carrots. Chop the nuts ( any nuts you prefer; i like almonds)
2. In a bowl mix sugar and eggs - blend for 3 minutes. Mixture should become light and airy. Add vegetable oil. Mix well.
3. In another bowl mix dry ingredients ( flour, baking powder, baking soda, 1 tbsp of cinnamon if you like it). You can mix it with a whisk.
4. Gradually add dry ingredients into your eggs mixture and mix.
5. Add carrots and nuts - mix again. Make sure your dough is not too liquid.
6. Time to bake. You can make 3 cakes (16cm) or 2 (18cm). I'm making 3 thin cakes, I like it more because they are well baked.

How to make cakes identical in size? Just pour your dough into 3 same dishes. You will see where to add or subtract.

7. Take the dish you'll be baking in and butter it. Add a pinch of flour and shake so all the dish is covered with a thin layer of flour. It helps the cake come out easily later. Bake for 30-50 min (depends on the cake size) 180 degrees C.

How to check it's ready? Insert a wooden pick inside the cake - it should come out dry. But it's aslo easy to see by the colour. Here is how it should look:

Afetr your cakes are done, let them cool for 30 minutes.

8. For the cream just take sourcream (15-25%), honey, sugar and raspberry (raspberry is my preference, it gives a nice rosy colour and amazing smell)- blend.
9. Glaze your cakes with a cream, put in the fridge and wait at least 2 hours ( of course, the whole night is better:)

This cake is very simple, amazingly flavoured and rich. Just ideal:)




2 комментария: